Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hello From FLORIDA !!!

I thought it would be a good idea to knock together a quick blog to let everyone know what we are up to, where we have been and what we have seen !

Better late than never I suppose as we have now been here just over a week, but the week so far has gone really quickly and now I have the chance to sit quietly and do it !!

So...we arrived last Tuesday afternoon and stepped out of the airport into 92 degrees - quite a shock to the system I can tell you ( especially since i was still wearing my fatface pullover !! )

The flight was really good - long and boring obviously but uneventful - and Lily took it all in her stride....if she wasn't glued to the Ipad she was glued to the TV and we didn't hear a peep from her ! Our names were called out and we were treated to some nibbles and champagne ( just like the Vegas flight ) so that made us feel special - thanks to our Virgin insider !

After clearing immigration, we headed off to get our car  -  "just go to the parking lot and pick anything you want from the row of SUV's on the left" was the instruction - Oooohhh what to have what to have ! To be honest, I already knew what I wanted, and 5 minutes later I was trying to work out how to start our Jeep Cherokee - in black of course ! I am soooo impressed that I have decided to work double hard this year coming and buy one !

Ali had insisted we hire a SatNav ( against my wishes as blokes don't need piffling things like that ) and within a few more minutes, we were off to find our house !

30 minutes later, I relented and turned on the SatNav...turned the car around and headed in the right direction to our house ! Yippeeeee....I knew we should have got SatNav !!

We had done quite a bit of research on the property Ali found, and we certainly weren't disapointed, it was beautiful and HUGE !

We were in Davenport which is only about 15 miles from the airport, and only a couple of miles from the Disney roads complex ( EVERYTHING in Orlando centres around Disney ! ) so totally central to all we needed. The resort / housing complex is built around a golf course and the whole place was immaculate, much like our home which seemed to be brand new ! We did little more that night than take a quick trip to Walmart to stock up, and then Ali unpacked while Lily and I explored the pool !

We had a HUUUUGE lightening storm Tuesday night that lit the whole sky in all directions - it was a very humid night and the temp didn't drop below 85...luckily the aircon works very well !

Next morning ( Wednesday ) was an early one for me and Lily - by 6am we were both wide awake ! Ali had no trouble sleeping in which gave me and Lily a chance to take a few pictures and some video of the house....

Lily by the Pool

Our Pool

No comments:

Post a Comment